Monday, June 28, 2010

I made this cake for my Husband on Father's Day. Everyone enjoyed it so much I decided to share this recipe. I got this recipe from a Calendar I bought called, "Beyond Oatmeal 2010 Calender" printed by Pioneer Plus at www.cedarfort.com

The only thing I changed from the original recipe was I used 1 1/2 cups of lemon pudding instead of 1/2 cup; I love lots of pudding!

LEMON-COCONUT LAYERED CAKE

from “Beyond Oatmeal 2010 calender”

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10 inch cake pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes.

CAKE: 2 ¼ cups flour 1 TBSP lemon juice

1 cup sugar 2 tsp grated lemon peel

½ tsp baking soda 1 egg

½ tsp baking powder 1 egg yolk

¾ cup butter, softened 2/3 vanilla yogurt

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Add butter, yogurt, lemon juice, lemon peel, egg and egg yolk; stir with spoon until well blended. Spread two cups of batter into greased and floured pan. Sprinkle with ¾ cup of the streusel topping.

STREUSEL TOPPING:1/2 cup flour 1/3 cup sugar 3 TBSP butter ½ cup coconut

In medium bowl combine flour sugar; mix well. With fork, cut in 3 TBL butter until mixture is crumbly

FILLING: 1/2 cup lemon pie filling (I used 1 – 1 ½ cups)

Drop lemon pie filling on top of streusel topping and cake batter by dropping spoonfuls within a ½ inch of the side of the pan. SPOON remaining batter over lemon mixture. Sprinkle with remaining topping.

Bake for 50-60 minutes. Then glaze warm cake.

GLAZE: ½ cup powdered sugar 1 tsp lemon juice 1 tsp water. Combine glaze ingredients; stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake.

1 comment: